Many children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), will also have medical needs. Different clinical commissioning bodies are responsible for securing the health care provision for these children and young people. They may have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHC plan)

The local authority has a specific duty to ensure that joint commissioning includes health care provision for any child or young person with SEND in education or training.

EHC Plans

Take a look at our education pages, to find out more about how your child or young persons health needs will be included in an EHC plan

Personal Budgets

For children with the most complex health care needs, they may be eligible for a continuing health care plan and this may be part of their Personal Budget

View our Privacy Notice

See also: Privacy Policy of our hosts, Torbay Community Development Trust.